A Frenchman in his 80s managed to blow up part of his house while trying to swat a fly according to officials. It appears that the man was about to sit down to dinner when the irritating fly made its appearance. The guy picked up an electric fly swatter and started targeting it but was unaware a gas canister was leaking in his home. When the electric sparks hit the gas, things got lit up quickly. The kitchen was destroyed along with part of the roof. According to local media, the unnamed man was not only lucky to be alive, but also lucky to have only a small burn to his hand. However, the fate of the fly is unknown.