Halloween is right around the corner and if you’re looking for an adult way to celebrate the spooky holiday, this winery in Pennsylvania has you covered. At the Chaddsford Winery in the Brandywine Valley they host an annual event called Adult Trick-Or-Treat where those 21 and up can trick-or-treat for sweets and wine and it sounds pretty great.
The adult trick-or-treating happens every Saturday and Sunday from September 28th through October 27th and there are four sessions a day to choose from. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 onsite the day-of, but it’s known to sell out. Grown-up guests get a special Halloween glass to enjoy their tastings in and take home and there are five trick-or-treat stops along the self-guided walking tour of the winery that will be food and wine pairings.
- The Dante’s Inferno stop offers a spicy-sweet combination, pairing Éclat Aleppo chile truffles and cinnamon-y Hot Tamales with Chaddsford’s Sunset Blush rosé and Hershey, Pennsylvania-based brewery Tröegs’ Troegenator Double Bock beer.
- The Pumpkin Patch has a “Scarecrow Slushie” garnished with a Halloween-themed Peep and the winery’s Spiced Apple wine served warm with a caramel Sugar Daddy stirrer.
- The What Lurks Below gets savory with crab mac and cheese and a wine cocktail made from Chaddsford’s ’17 Presage — a Sauvignon Blanc-heavy white blend — and Leviathan Wine.
- The Mummies Tomb serves up a hummus trio and pita chips with the winery’s Pinot Grigio and it’s “smoky, spicy, berry-tinged” Red Standard.
- And the Zombie Yard offers a “worms in dirt” cupcake with the Chaddsford Red blend and their Harbinger red blend.
Grown-ups are encouraged to come dressed up in costume and even score a 20% discount on bottles bought at Chaddsford’s shop if they do.