If you happen to get a job offer from Amazon then you might want to double-check where it came from because a new scam is going around the Internet where scammers pose as Amazon to steal your information and money.
According to the Better Business Bureau the job offer appears to come from Amazon and the claim to offer pay from $20 per hour to $6,000 a month and they will let you work from home.
You're asked to submit $200 before you can start working for an "enrollment kit." However, you don't need this kit to even work at Amazon.
In case you ever experience any other job scams in the future, the Better Business Bureau suggest you follow these tips:
- Be cautious of any job that asks you to share personal information or hand over money.
- Check the business's website for validity.
- Some positions are more likely to be scams if they say "work-from-home."
- Watch out for on-the-spot job offers.
- The federal government and the U.S. Postal Service never charge for information about jobs or applications for jobs.
- Get all details and contracts in writing.