Sunday most of us turned our clocks ahead an hour for the end of Daylight Saving, and it’s pretty apparent that nobody really wants to do that anymore.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 63% of Americans would like to eliminate changing the clocks.
- That’s true for 67% of both Democrats and Republicans.
- Also, 77% of those over 65 think we should stop, although surprisingly, only 42% of those under 30 feel that way.
- Overall, 34% were not looking forward to changing the clocks this past weekend, while 21% were, and 38% didn’t care.
But if we did stop changing the clocks, which time would most people prefer to have in the U.S.?
- 48% of people would prefer to stick with Daylight Saving, meaning clocks are “sprung forward” for a later sunset.
- Only 29% would prefer to stick with Standard Time permanently.