Boy Dies After Accidentally Buying Active World War II Grenade


A North Carolina boy is dead after a World War Two grenade exploded. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives said the boy died two days before Christmas after buying what was thought to be an inactive grenade from an antique mall. The Fancy Flea Antique Mall told The New York Times they "felt that the grenade was inert" when it was sold at their store over the summer. The ATF is warning that other grenades bought from the same vendor may still be active.

Police sirens in operation. Blue and red flash lights of emergency car in action. Police crew with the siren lights on emergency alert.

Police sirens in operation. Blue and red flash lights of emergency car in action. Police crew with the siren lights on emergency alert.

Photo- Getty