‘Tis the season for sniffles and coughs.
While the flu has kicked up in about 30 states now, so has the common cold. It’s time to stock up and be prepared for when...not if… you’ll get that cold. “Doctor Mike” is sharing tested and true old school remedies that’ll help relieve your symptoms.
- Honey: A teaspoon of honey is sometimes better than over the counter medications at controlling your cough. If you're giving it to your kids, make sure they're above the age of one.
- Nasal saline rinse: The saline rinse does a very good job of clearing mucus by opening up your nasal passageways.
- Salt water gargle: Scientific research shows it provides symptomatic relief for sore throats by pulling fluid from throat tissues.
- Steam up: Inhaling steam opens up airways and increases circulation so that your immune cells can arrive quicker at the site of infection.
- Chicken noodle soup: From the electrolytes to the extra calories, chicken noodle soup does wonders for your body!
- Hydration: Water fixes everything!