Woman Mistakes Dynamite for Candle During Power Outage

An unnamed woman from Connecticut has lost a few fingers after they were blown off when she mistook a stick of dynamite for a candle.

It all blew up when her home lost power during a recent thunderstorm. The local Home Depot was closed, but luckily they remembered they had some candles in the basement that were left by the home’s previous resident… or so they thought. Once she lit one of the quarter-sticks of dynamite, she suffered multiple injuries to her face and hands, including the loss of multiple fingers.

The good thing is no one else was injured during the accident. Just to be sure, the local fire department and police worked together to remove the remaining sticks of dynamite from the house, detonate and dispose of them.

Source: ABC 7 NY



Content Goes Here