The demonstration and entertainment lineup for the 20th annual Lancaster County 50plus EXPO (Spring) has been announced.
The free, one-day event, hosted by OLP Events, will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, at Shady Maple Conference Center’s Smorgasbord Building, 129 Toddy Drive, East Earl.
The 50plus EXPO will include more than 80 exhibitors covering all facets of life for Lancaster County’s over-50 population: housing, medical services, nutrition, leisure, home improvements, finances and more.
Guests can also take advantage of free health screenings at the event, and student stylists from Lancaster School of Cosmetology will be offering free mini manicures.
The entertainment lineup for the Lancaster County 50plus EXPO (Spring) is as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Sally Winchell, wellness director at Bright Side Opportunities Center, and the Sally’s Iron Mustangs exercise group will demonstrate their Sensational SilverSneakers workout.
- 10:15 a.m. – Michelle Rassler, vice president of operations/executive director of Landis Homes, will provide definitions and descriptions of living choices in a retirement community.
- ·11 a.m. – Mark Layton, Wildlife Center director at Refreshing Mountain, will present more than a dozen live reptiles and amphibians from around the world, including several Pennsylvania native species.
- 11:45 a.m. – Nadia Sharifi, owner of TrimLine Weight Loss & Wellness, and her team will conduct an interactive seminar to learn how to burn fat, gain control over emotional/stress eating and get healthy.
- 12:30 p.m. – Pam McNeal, cake decorating supervisor at Shady Maple Farm Market, will demonstrate simple techniques to create fun party cakes.