50plus EXPO Entertainment to Include Naturalist Jack Hubley
LANCASTER, Pa. (Sept. 5, 2018) – The demonstration and entertainment lineup for the 22nd annual Lancaster County 50plus EXPO has been announced.
The free, one-day event, co-hosted by OLP Events and the Lancaster County Office of Aging, will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19, at Spooky Nook Sports, 2913 Spooky Nook Road, Manheim.
The 50plus EXPO will include more than 100 exhibitors covering all facets of life for Lancaster County’s over-50 population: housing medical services, nutrition, leisure, home improvements, finances and more.
The entertainment and seminar lineup for the Lancaster County 50plus EXPO is as follows:
- 9:30 a.m. – Jodie Morris, from Stauffers of Kissel Hill, will share tips for success with succulents, a growing trend in indoor home design.
- 10:15 a.m. – Drew Nesbitt, DPT, and Hayden McDevitt, DPT, from HARTZ Physical Therapy, will present an interactive discussion on preventing falls and improving mobility and overall fitness.
- 11 a.m. – Lanre Adebonojo, Health Partners Plans, will highlight the value of a Medicare Advantage plan and how to get the best out of plan options.
- 11:45 a.m. – Naturalist and TV personality Jack Hubley will present “Critters Beyond Your Back Door,” a close look at some live, native wildlife species found in our backyards.
- 12:30 p.m. – Rose Rickey, Figure Firm Total Fitness for Women, Lancaster, will conduct a demonstration of SilverSneakers, an exercise program designed especially for older adults.
In addition, Kmart will be providing flu shots on a first-come, first-served basis at the 50plus EXPO. Flu shots are no-cost for most people with Medicare Part B and most insurance plans. Attendees should bring their insurance card.
For all others, the vaccine will be offered at an EXPO special price of $17.99 for trivalent (regular) flu vaccine, $29.99 for the quadrivalent flu vaccine and $53.99 for the high-dose 65+ vaccine.
Guests can also sign up at the EXPO to receive free mini manicures from Lancaster School of Cosmetology & Therapeutic Bodywork and free Acu-Lift massages from Beauty Beyond Fifty.
Sponsors for the 2018 Lancaster County 50plus EXPO include: 50plus LIFE, Blue Ridge Communications, ClearCaptions, HARTZ Physical Therapy, Health Partners Plans, Holy Family Radio, Inc./AM 720 WHYF, Lancashire Terrace, Landis Communities, LCTV, MediPlanConnect, Regional GI, UPMC Pinnacle, WFYL and WHTM abc27.