DONATE ONLINE: CLICK HERE
ABOUT LANEY'S LEGACY OF HOPE:
Laney’s Legacy Of Hope provides financial assistance to the families of children currently in active treatment. They also provide money towards research for Pediatric Cancer.
- 50% Grants financial assistance to families in Tri-state Area
- 40% Grants & research
- 10% operational cost (there are no PAID board members or volunteers)
Since Laney’s Legacy of Hope started in 2014, they have raised close to a quarter of a million dollars through community fundraiser events & donations.
Accomplishments since starting in 2014
- Laney’s Legacy of Hope has helped pay the mortgages, car pymts, gas, ect. for over 30 children.
- Laney’s legacy of hope recently had the opportunity to give their first research grant for 100,000 to CHOP this past February.
Laney suffered from AML, she was treated with chemotherapy, full body radiation, and a bone marrow transplant. Just when she appeared to be improving the AML returned and there were no more treatment options,
Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) accounts for approximately 20% of pediatric leukemia. It is a very aggressive & fast-moving cancer with limited treatment options. Current treatments achieve long term cures for only 60% of children. Relapsed & chemo-refractory AML make up more than half of childhood leukemia related deaths.
The Clinical trial Laney’s legacy of hope helped fund is a treatment called immunotherapy, which trains your own cells to fight cancer cells.
This Clinical trial will offer HOPE to many families that had previously run out of treatment options, like Laney Brown.
Pediatric cancer Stats
- Every two minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer. That’s 300,000 kids around the world every year.
- Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in children under the age of 19 in the U.S.
- One in 285 children in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
- One in five children diagnosed with cancer in the U.S. will not survive.
- 99% of childhood cancer survivors will have a chronic health problem and 96% will have severe or life-threatening conditions.
4 yr Goals for Laney's Legacy of Hope
Raise another 100k for research by 2021
Provide assistance to 30 more families