WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENational Weather Service Mount Holly NJ325 PM EST Sat Feb 11 2017
Hunterdon-Somerset-Berks-Lehigh-Upper Bucks-Including the cities of Flemington, Somerville, Reading, Allentown, Chalfont, and Perkasie325 PM EST Sat Feb 11 2017
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 1 PM ESTSUNDAY...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a WinterWeather Advisory for freezing rain...sleet...and snow...which is in effect from 6 AM to 1 PM EST Sunday.
* ACCUMULATIONS...Snow accumulation of up to 1 inch...along with around a trace of ice.
* LOCATIONS...Portions of north central New Jersey and easternPennsylvania
* HAZARD TYPES...Freezing rain and sleet.
* SLEET ACCUMULATIONS..Less than one inch.
* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...around a trace.
* TIMING...Precipitation is expected to begin late tonight andcontinue through Sunday. Temperatures may be warm enough for theprecipitation to begin as rain, but they are expected to coolbelow freezing by sunrise on Sunday. A mixture of freezing rainand sleet is expected during the morning hours on Sunday.Precipitation will transition back to rain before tapering offduring the early evening hours.
* IMPACTS...Ice and sleet accumulations may create slippery conditionson roads...bridges and sidewalks.
* WINDS...East 5 to 10 mph during the day Sunday...becoming west10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph Sunday night.
* TEMPERATURES...In the low to mid 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet...orfreezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared forslippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution whiledriving.
Report sleet and ice accumulation to the National Weather Serviceby calling our trained spotter line...posting to the NWS MountHolly Facebook page...or using Twitter.
Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition toexperimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latestevent are available online at www.weather.gov/phi/winter