(NEWSER–  Two people have died, and 130 hospitalized in a plane crash at San Francisco Airport today. Additionally, some of the 291 passengers and 16 crew members who were on board Asiana Airlines flight 214 remain unaccounted for, San Francisco's mayor and a spokesperson from the San Francisco Fire Department said at a press conference, reports CBS. The San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center says it is currently treating eight adults and two children in critical condition, reports CNN. Early reports say the tail of the Boeing 777 broke off as the made a hard landing.

"The plane started coming in at an odd angle, there was a huge bang and you could see the cloud of huge black smoke," says a witness, per CBS. A passenger tells CNN that he thought it was coming in a little sharp, "All of a sudden, boom, the back end just hit and flies up into the air and everyone's head goes up the ceiling," he says. The plane came from Seoul, South Korea and had been in the air for 10 hours and 23 minutes. Flights in and out of the airport—California's second busiest—have been stopped, but the airport says it will be opening two runways "shortly," reports CNN.

An Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 is seen on the runway at San Francisco International Airport after crash landing on July 6, 2013. There were no immediate reports of casualties and one apparent survivor tweeted a picture of passengers fleeing the plane. Video footage showed the jet, Flight 214 from Seoul, on its belly surrounded by firefighters. AFP PHOTO/JOSH EDELSON (Photo credit should read Josh Edelson/AFP/Getty Images)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - JULY 6: A United Airlines plane (R) taxis on the runway as a Boeing 777 airplane lies burned after it crashed landed at San Francisco International Airport July 6, 2013 in San Francisco, California. A passenger aircraft from Asiana Airlines coming from Seoul, South Korea crashed landed while on it's landing decent. No word so far on injuries or deaths. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

LISTEN: Audio from San Francisco Tower After Plane Crash